Best Hydrating Foods and Drinks for Summer!



Summer is here! I am so excited to share these super-hydrating foods and refreshments to enjoy! Water is SUPER important, but sometimes it's fun to spice it up! I will also include some recipes for some summer refreshers.

Watermelon

Who doesn't love watermelon! A cup of watermelon contains over a half cup of water, in addition to fiber and other nutrients including vitamin c, vitamin a, and magnesium. Having a little bowl of this delicious and nutritious fruit by the pool is definitely refreshing!💛

Cucumber

Cucumber is so amazing. They have a very high moisture content and are very low in calories. They also provide a small amount of some nutrients like vitamin K, potassium, and magnesium. I like to put them in my water and smoothies.💛

Spinach

I don't know if it's weird... but I LOVE spinach! I put it in almost everything, from smoothies to salads to pasta. Spinach is 91% water. One cup provides more than 50% of your daily vitamin A needs, as well as being high in protein and vitamin C. Soooo, eat your spinach!🌵💛

Pineapple

Not only is this fruit yummy, but it is super-hydrating. This exceptionally juicy fruit is packed with bromelain, a mixture of compounds with potent anti-inflammatory powers. In other words, eat pineapple now and you may avoid pain meds in the future. This is also a great fruit for a pool-side snack! 💛

Recipes:

Making a hydrating and delicious summer drink is super simple. I make these infused waters almost every time I go to the pool/beach. 

Steps:
* Start with chopping up a lemon and a yummy fruit. I use strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, or pineapple.


- If you want more flavorful water, soak the fruits in your water before you ice it for about 15-30 minutes. - 

* Add ice and you're done!

Comments

Big Papa said…
I was refreshed just reading this! Great post! Just watch those “yummy fruits” they can also contain lots of sugar.

Popular posts from this blog

3 Ways to Boost Your Immune System

LHLS Fitness: Summer Challenge

Protein Pancakes