ACV: Nutrition and Recipe for Lemon Water

Every morning, I take a cup/glass of lemon water. 
Here's the recipe...


My Lemon Water Recipe
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 tbs ACV ( Apple Cider Vinegar )
Preparation:
1. Heat water,  add lemon juice and ACV.
2. Drink and Enjoy
* If you wish to have it cold, ice the water rather than heating it up

I decide to drink this on a daily basis for a few reasons.
I love to treat my body to something nutritional and beneficial first thing in the morning because it is the first thing my body will absorb for the day. Lemon helps boost my hydration and has tons of antioxidants that will help my skin.  + I have a full routine of nutrition throughout the day (If you would like me to post more about it, please let me know in the comments!)
ACV has many benefits for my body. It helps me with what I am going to eat for the rest of the day. It promotes satiety, by lowering blood sugars and reducing insulin levels. Drinking apple cider vinegar is also GREAT for your skin! The skin is naturally slightly acidic. ACV can help rebalance the natural pH of the skin, improving the protective skin barrier. ACV also has some antibacterial properties. Studies show that it can even help prevent future skin infections linked to eczema and other skin conditions. 
* I would recommend you speak to your doctor or dietitian about including ACV in your diet because it is also proven to perform the opposite of all these benefits, depending on your skin type and body's pH.

I hope you learned a bit more about what benefits come out of ACV! Be sure to comment on what you think, if you have already tried ACV, any topics or questions you would like me to discuss in future posts, and follow the blog! Go check out healthline.com, if you would like to do some research on other nutritional foods. Until next time!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Ways to Boost Your Immune System

LHLS Fitness: Summer Challenge

Protein Pancakes